Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh what a find!


There was a local hotel going out of business.  I totally lucked out by acquiring 4 queen sized headboards,   2 solid wood king sized head boards, two great desks and a set of nesting occasional tables.  They are scratched and discolored here and there.  I am excited about the prospects of redoing each piece.  I will have lots of new material to paint for a while!    



This is the top of the desk.  It is so ugly...but just wait...it will look fantastic when I am finished with it!


Here is a view of the desk.    It needs new knobs and a fresh coat of paint, maybe some decorative painting to tie it all together.  I am thinking a french theme. What do you think?


This desk definitely has an Asian shape to it.  I think it is Chinese Chippendale inspired. 
I am going to paint some faux silk on the top panel with some Chinoiserie style tree branches and birds painted over the faux silk.


Here is my tiny living room loaded down with the two king sized headboards, nesting table and four 
queen sized head boards.


Better view of the queen sized head board.  It has good bones.    I have plenty of ideas floating through my head for them.  I am thinking about painting one silver, one with a patina.  Endless possibilities!   I am so excited, one headboard, four different ways!



1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see what you do when you finish all these pieces!

    ReplyDelete