Saturday, February 11, 2012

My very first blog

Hello! I am so excited because this is my very first blog! I guess I'll just start from the beginning and explain who I really am. I love to paint. I have been painting for over half of my life. In high school I painted wooden geese for people to hang by their front door. I started painting primitive pieces, ornaments, wooden boxes and just about anything I could get my brushes onto. I felt like expanding my horizons so I started taking professional faux finishing classes. I soon added an impressive clientele list. Life was hectic, so I added on a partner (no not a life partner, a business partner, as one or two clients have asked). Her name is Heather Cameron. Together we painted, faux finished and stenciled hundreds of projects in around our city. In Central Ohio the builders association sponsors an annual Parad of Homes. This is where all the builder participants show their best designs. We have been blessed to to be involved with 14 Parade homes since 2005. We are just starting the discussions to plan our 15th house for the 2012 Parade of Homes. In recent years I have been taking several professional painting classes and learning some great techniques in furniture finishing and canvas artwork. I love the artistic outlet I have when I can create a canvas or piece of furniture from start to finish. Unfortunately without a way to sell these items I have a huge stock pile of canvas creations, all awesome in their own way. I have decided to open up an Etsy shop, start a blog and get some of my pieces sold! I am planning on blogging about all of our recent projects, as well as, pieces of furniture and canvas creations that I have created by myself. I will be giving project instruction from time to time, as well as detailed info on the furniture pieces that I have created. Thanks so much for reading my very first blog. I am so excited to have you join me on my painting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment