Friday, February 17, 2012

I love rustic.  Especially in my own home.  I also love fun and graphic.  I paired a fun/graphic stripe with rustic paint techniques to create this table and chair set in my home.  It will always be the center of attention, but if I don't want it to be I could always put a table cloth and slip covers over the pieces and get a totally different look! 


 I have old whites, greens, golds and rust colors in my house.  I decided to leave a bit of the natural wood showing through in a couple of spots on the table.  I antiqued and distressed Annie Sloan Chalk paint on a couple of stripes.  I used Modern Masters rust activator on a couple of more stripes and I did a china crackle technique using Modern Masters China Crackle kit on the green and Old White stripes.
 

 Whenever I change decor I can always change the color of one stripe. That is something that appeals to me because I am always changing and evolving.  What I may love today, I may hate tomorrow!  


In fact, I started out with a much more bright white stripe.  I really felt it was too pristine.
I went in and added more brown to muddy it up a bit.  I am much happier with the results!


What do you think?  Please write me a note and tell me what you think about my table and chairs!


No comments:

Post a Comment