Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine project tutorial.

Happy Valentine's Day!


 I have a super cute Valentine tutorial for you!  I don't know about you, but I have random pieces of wood, canvas, and other surfaces just hanging around my house.  I found a small piece of wood.  It was the perfect size to paint a Valentine onto!    I started by painting the wood with 2 coats of Sherwin Williams paint in Dover White.  I have these adorable stencil impressions from Royal Design Studio. 
I  randomly stenciled the impression onto the Dover white.  Of course, I let the white thoroughly dry first. 
  

 Below is a picture of the wood piece after I got all the stenciling completed.


After the stencil paint was dry, I  hand painted a cute heart.  I added some gentle shading and highlighting to give it some dimension.  I used Sherwin Williams In The Pink and Rambling Rose.


After the heart dried paint dried, I hand painted gold colored scrolls using Modern Masters
Pale Gold metallic paint.  If you can't hand paint scrolls, it is just as easy to use a stencil!
  

I aded a subtle antiquing glaze allover the surface. I used Modern Masters
Statuary Bronze.  I went heavy on the glaze surrounding the heart.
I then hand painted my sentiments.  Again, a stencil can be used.
   

I applied the Modern masters China crackle kit with the dark enhancer to add a timeless feeling to the project.


Here is the project ready to be given to My Love!


Have an amazing Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment